Aged Care Assessment Services
Assessments are normally undertaken in a persons home and the specialist clinician can discuss appropriate service options to meet your needs.
This may lead to referrals to community supports and /or approvals for the following specific Government subsidized Aged Care Services:
- Home Care Packages
- Residential Respite Care
- Residential Permanent Care
- Transitional Care Program
You have the right to:
- be treated with dignity and respect
- information about the assessment process, to be told what is happening and why
- express your own views and ideas
- have your personal information, such as a medical history, treated in confidence
- have someone with you during the assessment if you wish– this may be a relative, close friend or carer
- have an interpreter, which the ACAT can arrange
- talk to an independent advocate who can help you with advice, or act on your behalf.
How to access an assessment
If you would like an ACAS assessment you need to call the My Aged Care contact centre on 1800200422.
They will register you with My Aged Care and ask you a range of questions in order to understand your needs and eligibility for an assessment.
They will ask you questions about:
- any support you are currently receiving
- if you have any health concerns
- how you are managing with activities around the home
- some questions relating to your safety in the home
Your information will then be forwarded to us and we will contact you to arrange an appointment.
This is funded by the Australian Government and is a free service to you.