Chronic Disease Self Management
Research indicates that people who play a central role in managing their own health and healthcare have improved health, well being and quality of life.
This program is aimed at empowering people living with chronic disease to better manage their health and sustain healthy lifestyle choices.
People with chronic disease usually work with a number of different service providers over a long period of time. This program assists all services to work in a coordinated and collaborative way with the client to ensure the clients goals and needs are being met.
How can it help clients?
The specialist Chronic Disease Self Management Support team can assist you by:
- Educating you on your health conditions and the treatment options
- Helping you identify and address the physical, social and emotional impacts of chronic disease on your daily life
- Provide you with information that supports you to understand and access the services you need, manage your own health and make informed decisions about your care
- Making referrals to other services and community supports that may be able to help you
- Coordinating , collaborating and communicating with all of the service providers involved in your care
Who should use this service?
If you have a diagnosed chronic disease or risk factors for chronic disease you may be eligible for this program.
Some examples include:
- Angina, heart attack, Stroke
- Asthma, Emphysema
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Pre diabetes (glucose intolerance)
- High Blood pressure & high cholesterol
There may be a cost for this service based on your income
Low income: $10 per consultation
Medium income: $15 per consultation
High income: $100 per hour
Make an Appointment
Please call in to our 13th street building on (03) 5022 5444 to make an appointment time. Alternatively you may ask your doctor or another service provider to refer you.