Community Palliative Care
- Provide expert assessment and ongoing support from specialist palliative care nurses
- Home visits by specialist palliative care nursing staff depending on the needs of the client and family
- Manage pain and other symptoms
- Provide emotional and spiritual support to you and your family
- Provide some specific aids and equipment to make life at home easier
- Work in partnership with you, your family, the doctor and other allied health services
- Provide grief and bereavement support including an annual memorial service
- Referral to other services e.g.
– Pastoral Care
– Home hygiene assistance, & respite services
Mildura Specialist Palliative Care Clinic
- Provide expert consultation by Visiting Specialist Pain and Palliative Care Physician from Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre for complex symptoms
- Specialist Nurses facilitate a monthly clinic
- Referral for this clinic is required from your Medical Practitioner
- Appointments and venue location information will be provided prior to your consultation.
Loddon Mallee Regional Palliative Care Consultancy Service
- Provide additional specialist assessment / management from a clinical nurse consultant if you have complex symptoms
- Access to Specialist Medical consultancy from Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre as needed
- Offer a range of external education, consultation advice and support to all health care professionals including:
– Residential Aged Care Facilities
– Disability Services
– General Practitioners
– Aboriginal Health Services
Early referral to any of our palliative care services can help people with a wide range of conditions such as cancers, chronic diseases, dementia and degenerative conditions for people of all ages, cultures and beliefs. Palliative care is not just end of life care.
Who can refer:
- A Specialist or General Practitioner
There is no cost to access this service.
Make an Appointment
(03) 5025 9017