Services that can assist you include:
- Refugee Health Nurses
- Occupational therapists
- Drug and alcohol support workers
- Diabetes educators
- Child Health Service
Role of the Refugee Health Nurse
- Provide a free and confidential initial health screen for you and your family
- Facilitate and coordinate medical and specialist health appointments to health and community service providers such as GP’s, Counsellors, Dental
- Provide health information and support such as assistance in filling in health forms
- We work closely with local settlement support services to help coordinate health care
Accessing this service
If you are a refugee or asylum seeker you can ask to see a Refugee Health Nurse.
- This is a free service
- Come to the front desk and ask for an appointment
- Ask a friend or family member to contact us on your behalf
- Ask a settlement support worker to contact us
- Ask your doctor to refer to one of our service providers
- Phone us and ask us to call you back with an interpreter
This is a free service.
Please note :
You DO NOT need a Medicare Card or Health Care Card to access this service.
We CANNOT assist with visa applications.
Make an Appointment
(03) 5022 5444
0427 987 572
Professional phone interpreters will be arranged as needed.