- Full-time, Ongoing
- Attractive Salary Packaging
- Culture that supports work-life balance
SCHS is a dynamic organisation promoting health, wellbeing and independence in a social model of health to prevent illness, disease and injury. Influencing the agenda for health policy, providing access and equity to health services for our community and encouraging innovation and flexibility to ensure services match community need is a priority.
An exciting new opportunity exists for a Nurse Practitioner, endorsed or candidate, to join our palliative care service.
The Nurse Practitioner will be instrumental in achieving optimal palliative care outcomes for clients with life limiting disease, their carers and family by providing clinical and professional leadership, ensuring standards of patient centered care are developed, maintained and continually improved.
This position is located in Mildura, Victoria, which is a family friendly, regional city on the banks of the magnificent Murray River and offers sun-soaked days that provide many opportunities to enjoy water-based, nature-based and cultural activities, as well as the delicious local wine and edible produce.
To be successful in the role, applicants will have:
- Current registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia as a Registered Nurse with endorsement as Nurse Practitioner or enrolled in an endorsed Post Graduate Masters course with commitment for endorsement as a Nurse Practitioner.
- Minimum 3 years experience of service provision in palliative care with proven ability to provide a high level of clinical practice in line with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia standards and SCHS policy, procedure and expectations.
- Thorough knowledge of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation concepts when planning client and carer needs.
All enquiries, please contact Melissa Wade, Executive Manager Clinical Services: email@example.com (03) 5025 9609.
This position will remain open until filled. Please register your interest by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org prior to submitting an application to avoid missing out.
To apply, please forward your covering letter, CV, responses to Key Selection Criteria and contact details of three professional referees addressed to Manager Human Resources, email@example.com
Click here for the position description
PLEASE NOTE: All Sunraysia Community Health employees are required to undergo a National Police Check. Any employee who has resided and worked overseas in the past 10 years for a continuous period of 12 months or more will be required to undergo an International Criminal History Check. Where applicable, employees may also be required to hold a current Working With Children check issued in the state of Victoria and have their name screened against the DHHS Disability Workers Exclusion Scheme list.