General counselling and psychology services provide a supportive and collaborative environment where you can discuss your concerns. Engaging in our service can help you clarify your situation, gain new perspectives and work towards change. We can support you to develop insights, generate solutions and consider choices in a non-judgmental environment and support you in linking with other mental health or self-help services.
Our services begin with an assessment and discussion with you in order to determine which of our services is the most appropriate for you and your circumstances. In addition, we take safety and wellbeing very seriously and will refer you, with your consent, to appropriate additional services that you may require, including telehealth appointments with a psychiatrist.
Types of issues addressed and services provided include:
- Mental health issues, including but not limited to anxiety and depression
- Grief and loss as well as other life changes
- Trauma, torture and abuse including
- Counselling for refugees and new arrivals
- Managing emotions including Anger
- Self-esteem and interpersonal communication issues
- Day rehabilitation
- Addiction and relapse prevention counselling
- Home and hospital based detox and opioid replacement therapy (ORT)