Men and Women of any age can experience bladder or bowel problems for many reasons. This can affect independence and quality of life. Sunraysia Community Health Services Continence Service may help you if you are over the age of 5 years and have a Continence Issue. Bladder and bowel issues can be difficult to live with—but may be something that can be managed better with professional advice and support.
Our Continence service supplies confidential advice and support for:
- Children’s bedwetting
- Children and adults with a disability
- Bladder and bowel problems
- Prostate problems
- Incontinence of bladder and bowel
Anyone may refer to the Continence Service including client, family members, carers and other service providers. A GP referral may be made, but is not a requirement. The client must be aware the referral is being made.
The Continence Service aims to provide comprehensive clinical nursing services to clients.
A thorough assessment and follow up care is offered with:
- care plans specific to the individual.
- Education specific to individual needs
- Bladder scan
- Referral to other health professionals
- Assessment for continence funding
- Advice on appropriate product
- Bed alarms for bedwetting
- Management strategies