Who are we?
- Nurses are female and have experience in supporting individuals with their overall physical and emotional health and wellbeing needs
- Nurses will treat you with sensitivity and respect your right to privacy and confidentiality
What can we do?
- Identify health and wellbeing needs, provide care planning and referrals for children and adults who have experienced sexual assault
- Provide individuals with timely responses to health and wellbeing information/education and family members (non‐offending)
- Provide short to medium term care for individuals and (non‐offending) family members
- Enable affected families (non‐offenders) to provide a safe and stable environment for family member(s) who have experienced sexual assault
- Establish important linkages with other health and community services for ongoing support
- We will ensure that you are at the centre of every decision
- We will treat you with dignity and respect regardless of your culture, religion or sexual orientation
Please Note: The MDC Nurse does not replace the role of your counsellor / GP /support person or other services you are currently accessing.
Interpreters are available: MDC Nurses will arrange an interpreter if you require one.